Learning to Drive

Posted by Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seeing how I am probably one of the greatest drivers to ever drive this earth I thought it to be time for the little one to get some lessons.  The first driving lesson took place about a month ago in the kitchen.  It was a sort of fast and furious lesson that I deemed to be appropriate for a 6 month old.

She survived that experience which is a good thing and then today she got to go outside for a ride since Al Gore's global warming has the temperature at about 55 degrees here in Ohio.

I'm sure that most of you are much more comfortable watching that video since Kimberly had us all under control.  She pretty much won't let me play anywhere that I might be able to get close to full speed. She insisted on driving this time because Adeline has too much fun (and comes too close to certain death) when I am in charge of the gas pedal.

I guess that the casual observer would think that this is the face of a happy baby after a drive around the block but I just can't help to see the disappointment hidden deep in those big blue eyes.  Poor little girl.  Maybe next time when your momma isn't around we'll take the dog on a run around the neighborhood. 

Comments (3)

Good thing Adeline's car is equipped with a seatbelt! That was definitely some crazy driving!

Blake, i am surprised this child is still alive! i agree with erin.. good thing for the seatbelt!!!!

Heidi, I am also surprised she is still alive. Daddy doesn't know when to stop. I experience multiple heart attacks a day.