Busy, busy, busy...

Posted by Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If you think that heading is about me you are one incorrect fellow.  I've been lazy, lazy, lazy.  I just thought that it might grab your attention and make you wonder what I've actually been up to, keep in mind that most of the things I will write about will be complete fabrications that would seem to be truth in order to make me sound like I've got a busy hectic life.
The last time you heard from me I was explaining to you how awesome my new game is and how everyone should try it because it is the cats pajamas.  So far only one faithful zoofan has subscribed to what I'm a'dealin' and come on board to the awesomeness that is Shoot the Shooter (I'm glad that you are able to experience the adrenaline rush Kelsey).  Don't worry though because I have recently been in negotiations with Parker Brothers and Milton Bradley to get a board game made out of this amazing idea so the masses who aren't as cameragenically gifted my play and enjoy.
I don't know if everyone knows about the greatest free show on earth, but I'm about to tell you all about it.  This "show" happens to be the Circleville Pumpkin Show which is a festival celebrating everything pumpkin.  I know what you are probably thinking right now, "Doesn't the title of greatest free show on earth belong to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Louisiana?"  Well, of course it does, unless you are from Podunk, Ohio and you have never heard of Mardi Gras or the phrase "earn your beads" (a personal favorite of mine).  So to all these central Ohioans who love to worship everything pumpkin this is not only the greatest free show but also the greatest show (don't mistake show with movie because everyone knows that the greatest movie is Titanic).


At this show you will find pumpkin donuts, pumpkin chili, pumpkin pizza, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin omlets, pumpkin shoes, pumpkin fried pumpkin, real big pumpkins, pumpkin chicken, pumpkin kabobs, stir fried pumpkins, pumpkin rice, pumpkin burgers, pumpkin pie, pumpkin man, pumpkin ice cream (a personal favorite), etc.  I was lucky enough to see the world's greatest pumpkin pie as well as pumpkin man when I attended.














































































Along with all the pumpkin junk was all of the other "fair food" which is pretty awesome.  So pretty much you walk around the streets of Circleville being thankful that you aren't the biggest hillbilly around (400,000 other people claim that title) and enjoy the food.  Sounds like fun huh?
The next night I decided it would be a good idea to go and run a 10k at Ohio State.  Probably wasn't such a good idea in hindsight since it was about 45 degrees and monsoon raining.  I did give Brutus Buckeye a high 5 at about the 5 mile mark though.  It was at that point when I realized that I need to carry a camera when I run because sometimes awesome things happen.  Yeah, that's right, Pumpkin Man and Brutus Buckeye.  It was a pretty pivotal two days in my life.  I now have a goal of becoming an icon of some sort.  Haven't figured it out completely yet though.

One week later and Halloween was upon us.  Adeline thought it would be cool to dress up as a lamb which her mother already let you guys in on.  Adeline also wanted me to dress up, so I did.  She kept begging me to dress up like one of her idols, so I did.  Here is a picture of me at the Dead Celebrity 3 miler with my friends Brian (Billy Mays) and Emily (Bea Arthur) Lynch.  Who am I?



About the same time Adeline was begging me to dress up as Jim Varney and run 3 miles in denim I was performing the surgery of my life.  My surgical group is probably the best one in the history of surgical groups.  We can cut out the gonads with precision and accuracy only mimicked in my golf and dart games.  Here is a picture of my first solo spay, Winnie.  Brian was my anesthesiologist and James was my assistant/nurse/forehead sweat wiper.


Five days after this beautiful performance James performed a neuter/dewclaw removal on a pup named Curly.  Both procedures were textbook and recovery was smooth.  In short, we're freakin' awesome.
A few more things have happened that I will have separate posts for so enjoy this pic of the little lady for a happy ending.


Comments (2)

Why does Pumpkin Man look so much like Uncle Art?

Haha Megan! Congrats on your surgery Blake. Next time you decide to give us a cat with gimpy male parts maybe you can save us several thousand dollars and perform the surgery.