Jesus was a carpenter....

Posted by Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009


Not one of THE CARPENTERS. I am sure he enjoyed their music back in his day though. Over the past week I have been attempting to become more well rounded by perfecting my carpentering skillset which is probably in the 98-99th percentile already. I am assuming you are already familiar with my singer/songwriter skillset, my flute beatboxing skillset (which is quite awesome so if you don't click on any other links I don't care but you have to check this one out), my trap shooting skillset, and my sweet dancing skillset.
Mom and pops have a whole lot of grass and not enough of the yard dominated by decking yet so they decided to expand the already 47000 sq ft of existing deck out to an even 50000. They thought this would be a perfect opportunity for me to put some of this schooling I have endured over the past few years to good use and help them out.

The training session began with a destruction session which Papa Lloyd wound up being quite good at. I'm pretty sure that he has destroyed a few things in his life because he appeared to be a professional at turning perfectly useful objects into large masses of useless rubble.























I wish I had taken a picture of the hot tub which was in the middle of the driveway in four large pieces so I could prove to you that papa Lloyd really is quite an impressive demolition man. This was pretty much where day one of my training ended. I would say it is pretty close to day one for Daniel-saan.









Day two was off to a slow start because of some technical difficulties with the small human currently living in my home so we didn't get started until about noon. As you can see this project wasn't undertaken without the best help around. Mom, Aunt Laura, and Uncle Pete were there to pick up all the slack that I created with my insistence on only working for 4 hours each day. I would say that day numero dos was right about on par with Daniel-saan's second lesson.

































In normal Blake fashion day three was off to another late start since I didn't arrive until about 5:00. My tardiness didn't hinder the true workhorses (read mom and Aunt Laura *special note* Grandma Litter was actually taking my place and guiding this great chariot of awesome craftsmanship toward victory in my absence) of this operation though and they were ready to move right along as soon as I got there. Most everything was done except for the decking and I got right to that. These pictures are from the end of day three which I would say didn't go quite as well as Daniel-saan's.
















While I have been busy becoming more awesome (as if that were possible), Adeline has been cheering me on and has been busy being cute. Hard work but somebody's gotta do it.

Comments (3)

Finished photos, please. :)

Blake...I can always count on a good laugh after reading your blog.
Nice carpentry.

That is a sad day.

I hope you set her (the hot tub) on fire and floated her down the might Paint Crick.

Many fine cigars were enjoyed in her depths. Many Yoohoos drank in those deep waters. RIP Lloyd Tub